Image Map

5.21.2013

Satin virgin...

Every now and then I make things harder on myself with the ideas I come up with.  I'm sure we all try to challenge ourselves, right?  haha :)  When someone asked if I recovered pillows, I said, "of course!" and gave a quote before seeing the fabric.... oopsie!  And I also, of my own doing, talked the customer into adding something decorative to the little throw pillows.  That part, I had done before and was excited to do the sewn-in ruffle look again.  Until I met SATIN.  Today I could have sworn that the I in that word should have been an A!  Who knew?!  Okay, well, maybe I'm the only person that didn't know what I was getting myself in to.  But, the pillows look marvelous and make a great keepsake for the customer because they are made out of leftover bridesmaids dress material.

It was only a few years ago that I hadn't sewn a stitch.  And now I can say that I have conquered a battle with satin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Easely Erin

Watkinsville, GA, United States
Easely Erin was created to showcase handmade items and art. I hope you enjoy these one-of-a-kind goodies as much as I enjoy making them. http://easelyerin.etsy.com

Blog Archive