Image Map

1.16.2011

every new beginning...

As a stay at home mother, I've decided that it's time to do something with my art degree.  Usually that would mean painting or drawing something unique for a friend, but with my two little boys and a husband who runs his own company, I don't have 3 hours to sit in one spot.  After being basically snowed in for almost a week, my brain began to spin and I decided to take my love for animals and my ability to create something from scratch and get to work!  So, Easel-y Erin was born.  Obviously I wanted to stick to my roots and use "easel" in my new creation and it just happened to go so perfectly with my name!  I've got some ideas for completely unique and hand-sewn canine (and possibly other pets) plush dolls.  I will call them dolls for now because I'm not sure how durable my idea will be for a child to play with.

My husband and I share this love for pets and we have a good number of fuzzy babies surrounding us.  In the past few months, one of our eldest babies (13 year old chocolate lab) was relieved from his pain and joined doggy Heaven.  Not very long after that, tragically, our ONLY 5 year old dachshund (who lived, slept, and rode everywhere with us) became paralyzed within only a day from a herniated disc and also joined our chocolate lab.  This has been devastating for us and I hope to take some of the sadness and channel it into a positive project that will touch other animal lovers.  Each pet will be different and unique, making it your own.  I hope that these will be a great addition to a kids room, or just something special to hug in memory/honor of a special fuzzy baby of your own. I'm excited about my new idea and have no clue as to a time frame for this project!


Today I created my very own templates in Illustrator for 4 dog patterns.  Each pattern will have a special name and can be used again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Easely Erin

Watkinsville, GA, United States
Easely Erin was created to showcase handmade items and art. I hope you enjoy these one-of-a-kind goodies as much as I enjoy making them. http://easelyerin.etsy.com

Blog Archive